Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

She, now, seemed different

This last Ramadan my khala kept a review of the Quran (daura-e-Quran) at her place. During that same time, I had been busy with my social internship and hence wasn't able to attend the whole of the daura, in fact, I was only able to attend 2-3 sessions; including the first and the last one. So on the day of the first session, as I entered the house, my judgmental eye quickly began scanning the room and I started observing the people around me.

Most of the people present were aunties I already knew; who regularly attend these Islamic lectures (darses). However, there was this one girl I hadn't seen before, she was probably my age, and she seemed pretty indifferent to the auspicious occasion and I presumed that her mother had dragged her along with her. Soon thereafter, the session started, making me forget about all my presumptions.

The memories of this first session faded away as I became busy with my internship, until it was finally time for the last session, which I rightfully chose not to miss. I was all geared up for this session and was in the mood for a fantastic dars and that was exactly what I got. *Alhamdulilah* After the dars the regular comers to that daura were asked to share their experiences. And SubhanAllah, everyone had such a beautiful experience to share that it brought a smile to everyone's faces until that girl came up to share hers.

This time when I saw her, she seemed different, but I couldn't exactly tell as to what that difference was. She came and sat down on a sofa facing everyone and I don't remember the exact words she said, so may God forgive me if I say something wrong, but I do remember the gist of it and that I shall share. She started off by telling everyone that she had never been a very practicing Muslim and had never cared enough to do anything about that either. However, she mentioned, that this Ramadan had been a life changing experience for her.

And then her voice broke down and she gulped, and I think I gulped too.

She, added on slowly, with her voice cracking, that she heard in these sessions that Allah Ta'ala puts a veil on the hearts of some people, and then tears started rolling down her eyes as she exclaimed, "I just hope Allah Ta'ala doesn't put a veil on my heart". I had been listening to her so intently that I didn't realize that her tears weren't the only ones pouring profusely but that mine had been pouring the same way.

It was then that I noticed the change in her...

It almost made me jealous to realize that she was, now, full of sincerity and ikhlaas. She had uttered those words so beautifully that I wondered how pleased Allah Ta'ala would have been with her. The words she spoke have stayed with me till now and will hopefully stay with me forever. I don't know that girl's name nor do I know anything about her, I just know one thing that last Ramadan she changed and she changed for the better.

And now we're all headed towards another month of Ramadan, let's enter it hoping to change. Let's try to inculcate sincerity within ourselves; towards others and towards our deen and most importantly towards our Lord. May Allah shower all of us with the blessings of the month of Ramadan and may He forgive all of our sins. May He also bless that girl who showed me the beauty of sincerity.

Anything good herein is from Allah and any faults are of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment